Monday, December 1, 2014

While I Wait

Ok, so I ordered the fabric for this wrap I want to make.
I am using a camel polar fleece I found at fabricmartfabrics.com.  I like this site because there is a wide variety of fabrics, they have good prices, and the descriptions of the fabrics are thorough enough for you to make an informed decision about what you are buying.



While I waited for the fabric to come in, I decided to look through my stash of fabric and unfinished projects.  I have seven big plastic bins of fabric and unfinished projects.  Ugh!  I can't believe I let it get this bad.  Anyway, I ran across this pattern.
I have already cut out most of the pieces.  So I finished cutting pieces today and began putting it together.  I got as far as reinforcing the button holes and constructing the pockets, which took a while because I wanted to take my time.  Remember?  I'm beginning again with no stress.  The pattern calls for a plain pocket but I decided to add a button.








I think that looks cuter.  








This coat is reversible, so it's going to be interesting when I get to the buttons.  I read the directions, but I don't really get it until I start executing them.  Guess I'm a hands-on learner.  This is a pretty easy pattern and the only thing that looks a little scary are the buttons and buttonholes.  The reverse side is going to be red.  It looks like I when I bought fabric for this coat, I didn't get enough and went back to get more.  It also looks like when I got more, I got more of a slightly different fleece.  Ha!  Maybe that's why I put this project away.  I contemplated going to JoAnn fabrics to try and find fleece that matched exactly.  But I am determined to get rid of some of this stash and my husband said it matches well enough, so I'm just gonna make the coat. 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment