My fabric has arrived for the wrap I'm going to make. Here's a sneak peek:
![]() |
| The fabric |
![]() | |||||||
| The wrap |
I threw it in the washer on gentle cycle. I always preshrink before cutting the fabric. While I wait, I decided to take a look at the coat I started making a couple of weekends ago. Remember, I am Sometimes a Seamstress...but I don't think I mentioned most times a Teacher, so I had stuff to do. I have a little free time today, so I get to sew. Yay!
Ok, so I am making McCalls M4673, which is a reversible coat. My coat will be charcoal grey and red. I had gotten as far as cutting out the front and back pieces of the charcoal and red, along with the hood in charcoal. I also made the red pockets. I decided to put my sorority symbols on it to give it some interest. Much in the same way I put the button on the grey side. The pattern does not call for these additions. So far, things are coming along nicely.
The red fabric was a little hard to cut today. I think my husband used my scissors for something other than cutting fabric. Shame on him! Once I sharpened the scissors, they worked much better.
While I was cutting out the pieces, I was thinking about the sewing shows I used to watch. I loved Sandra Betzina. I would watch "Sew Perfect" on HGTV and have taped many of the episodes. I learned a lot about sewing from Sandra Betzina. I also learned a lot from my husband's Aunt Lizzie, who showed me how to alter clothes and gave me some tips on how to make my sewing go faster. She always encouraged me and she would be happy to know I'm sewing again. I'll have to give her a call. Hi, Aunt Liz!
Whatever happened to the sewing and craft line up on HGTV?
I have all of the pieces for the coat cut out and this is my leftover fabric. Now, what am I going to do with this?
Next on the agenda, putting the coat together. Whoo hooooo!




No comments:
Post a Comment